Super fit gym bunny (not pictured)

Today I took the second step on my fitness odyssey. By this I mean I went to my second Crossfit class. If I was honest the second step would really be cleaning up my diet properly and taking a proper break from the foods that make me pile up the weight (spelt and sourdough bread, I am talking to you) but I am a work in progress so that bit will come. Hopefully that will be soon because I have limited wardrobe options and I can't wear my stretchy work pants on my days off. 

I find (I know this because I am a serial gym quitter with long breaks before I return like the prodigal daughter) the first two weeks of classes to be really tough and then your body starts to remember how to do exercises and you gradually get a bit stronger. I had only recovered from last weeks class by Monday because I did have enough protein or sleep so I was actually in bits in work all weekend. Sometimes I would sit down for a while and forget how much everything hurt until I had to get up again and the shock of the pain would be nearly as bad as the pain itself. 

Today we were doing another paired workout. I got to team up with my sister. This probably wouldn't be all that bad except for the fact that my sister owns the gym with her husband and over the last few weeks she has returned to training (post baby) with her usual vigour so she was super fit and I was clearly not. The other problem here is when I first dipped my toe into the world of fitness she was my coach and she was very tough indeed. I wont say I was hoping for an easy class because they don't have those at my gym but I knew I was now in for more of a work out than my poor flabby body was able for.

We did wall ball, dumbell snatches, up and downs( half burpees) and some running. I was winded by round one (we had to keep going for 16 minutes) but we kept going. I started to feel nauseous by round two but we kept going. I got really dizzy in round 3 but we kept going and by round 4 I couldn't really see where I was going but I didn't stop. I suppose the main thing is I didn't die which is always a plus after every class and my sister and I are still on good terms. 

I wisely brought a protein shake a long this time so I am optimistic that my John Wayne walk wont be making an appearance tomorrow in work. So I am not super fit or even mildly fit just yet but at least I am on the right path. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..