Boys will be boys

It seems to me that every day the lines between men and women are becoming a little more blurred and if it continues in this direction then gender is going to become an altogether looser concept. This is something I have pretty mixed feeling about in general and by mixed I mean bad. I have bad feelings about this. Now I am not saying that we need to confine ourselves to the rigid lines we draw from birth with blue being for boys and pink for girls and each having their assigned toys and books. Everyone knows there place in a world like this and most will stay there or risk being ostracized. I don't think toy or clothing choices have any impact on a child's sexuality as they hit their teens and I'm certainly not trying to advocate that you don't allow a child to happily play with whatever toys take their fancy. 

My issue is an altogether different one. I am speaking here as a straight woman who finds men attractive and is becoming somewhat worried that there will soon be a spread of the lady-man lady syndrome (not actually referring to crossdressing here) or is it metrosexual that the likes of David Beckham like to refer to it as. I prefer men to be men But
Not in the stereotypical cave man preconcept that so many cling to when they speak of this. So when I step into tkmaxx and see monstrosities like the above onesie ( for a grown man !!) I actually feel like having a little cry. I can't think of any circumstance where it is acceptable for a man to wear one of these. I'm pretty the image of someone I was dating in a onesie would pretty much quash my libido for good. No woman needs to see the man in her life look like an overgrown toddler. it's creepy as fuck and it sure as hell isn't manly. I Also have strong feelings about ;too many skin care products ( they should not have a face care routine that takes Longer than mine) make up for men and this includes tinted moisturizer , guy- liner and male varnish ( if you don't know what I'm talking about then I like you already ) , man bags ( there are only certain kinds of bags a man should be seen carrying and it should not resemble a handbag at all) and finally clothing that looks too effeminate especially deep v tshirts. 
I don't think that's too much to ask for.  

So far I haven't found myself involved with a metrosexual man and I'm keen to keep it that way. I don't know if that means I'm close minded and I'm
Not sure if I'd care. I just want to feel like the woman in the relationship and just to be clear, neither of us should ever 
Wear a onesie 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..