I just failed at shopping.

If you read yesterday's post then you might recall my excitement at the prospect of going to a vintage sale. My hopes were high. This sale was so good that it was all over twitter and Facebook and every fashionista and wannabe ( plus  me - neither of those) was going to be there and oh boy was I let down badly.

The whole thing took place in a warehouse up in Dublin and I was all set to get there early. That much went well and we made it there in good time and found the place without much hassle. Well done us. on getting there it all looked promising. There was some non sale stuff available to view and a little area 
Doing coffee and yummy looking cakes ( had I eaten any I'd have bloated up too much to eat anything ) we were actually there too early and had do a lot of waiting 
Around which we mostly used to browse the non sale stock, all lovely stuff which got me pretty excited about the gems I was about to pick up once the real fun began. 

As we started to queue I was beginning to get a little worried because there was over 1000 people queuing with us and crowds are not my favorite under normal circumstances. Then we hit 12am and all hell broke loose. You had to fight to get to every stall and I mean really fight. I had 
Decided upon a policy of only buying stuff I actually liked only there was one small problem as I elbowed my way into rack after rack after rack I wasn't seeing a single thing I would voluntarily wear. Now I don't doubt there were some gems to be found but other people seem to have entered with some sort of game plan or had some sort of sense of where the real treasure was hidden but I had lucked out. I actually was not seeing anything I liked and in fact most of the stuff looked like the kind of tat you'd flick past on charity shop rails. After half an hour I was wishing I'd brought my book so I could just sit down somewhere away 
From the madness and mentally escape.

The people there were determined and a little mean on their quest for a great bargain or 10. And I will admit I was very glad to get a text off one of the girls saying she had enough and was headed to pay. So I walked out empty handed feeling like I'd failed at shopping and ended up buying a sparkly little number I could ill afford from their regular stock just to cheer myself up. Meanwhile the two girls I'd gone in with emerged armed With a bag full of bargains each. I have a feeling that will be my last kilo sale 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..