How the rest of us do Christmas

This time last year I was running around the Bookshop in a Santa hat feeling very stressed indeed. I am not sure which is worse the pre-Christmas panic or the drearyness of the empty shop in January.  As stark a contrast as you could hope to get. Sometimes I need to take a moment and remind myself how far I've come in the last year because sometimes my progress gets lost in the fray. As New Years resolutions go, get a new job is right up there, even if I'd reached the point of no longer believing that was a resolution I was going to follow through on.
Now I can't say care work is without its stresses.  Those of you who have worked in the field or done similar work will know and as for the rest of you just be glad you don't. I wouldn't really say that the work I'm doing over Christmas is any different from the work I did in October or will go on to do in the New Year, except for a few Christmas decorations and the soundtrack of Christmas songs. I'll still be working the same long hours and sometimes coming home needing hugs, chocolate and colouring before I can speak in full sentences but there's some comfort to be had in this

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..