where the hell did my week off go??

In less than 2 hours I will be back in work after a whole week off and 15 minutes after that I'll feel like I had never left. To say I am feeling unenthusiastic about the prospect would be understating it.
I would like some more holidays please and thank you and this time I swear I will actually relax for some of it.

I seem to have lost the ability to do nothing and now there's a very tired Laura who wishes that wasn't the case.
The whole idea of my week off was that I had to move apartment and I knew looking at the state of my old place and the mountain of possessions I seem to have accumulated, despite my many moves over the last few years, that it would not be a one day job. Plus I'd already booked the weekend off to watch the wod warrior competition at the gym. 
So it seemed I had a plan of sorts. Then I got it into my head that I didn't actually want to waste my week off just moving so I moved most of my stuff over the weekend and only had to spend Monday and half of Tuesday moving in the rest ( and cleaning the hovel I was previously living in) 

So here I was by Tuesday afternoon all unpacked and totally loving my new apartment and then I relaxed, right? No , not exactly. I had decided to go to Clonmel first thing Wednesday morning and was all set to do so until a friend called in a favor and I agreed to mind her 4 yr old the next day. Like any sensible person I drove to Clonmel that morning anyway and did a CrossFit class before driving back to spend an afternoon playing tag and hide and seek in a near by park ( With the 4 yr old and not by myself obviously ) and bombed it down to Clonmel straight after work to try fit in a weency bit of Olympic lifting class but somehow, mysteriously didn't make it back to my parents house till 10, yawn. 
The next two days were spent doing a morning class and then an afternoon of ferrying around small niece people ( my nieces)who are good kids but somewhat exhausting all the same. 

And then I took the weekend off to relax, right? If by relax you mean spending all day at the gym watching a competition then you are most correct. You get a prize, well done. I was actually pretty excited as this was my first ever CrossFit 
Competition. I don't think watching footage of the Games online counts. And you know it was totally awesome but I was left exhausted, completely drained from the long days and that was just watching it. I can understand that from listening to me you might be under the impression I had taken part but I most certainly did not. Mostly because I'm nowhere near good enough. I did enjoy standing at the sidelines cheering on the guys and girl from our gym that were taking part. There were loads of us there to watch and it all had a really good buzz about it. Not to mention having a bit of a giggle at some of the most bouffant hair I've ever seen on a man( not to be taken seriously) and this one guy, who I'm sure also has an actual name, that we referred to as shoutty man due to his tendency to shout encouragement at himself as he worked out. 'Come on, you can do this, one more swing ' I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one speculating about whether this was a habit he kept up in the bedroom and then cracking up over it.
And now I'm back in Waterford trying to will myself into my uniform and wishing I had a fairy godmother who would grant me just a few days holidays 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..