some things will never change

As my birthday nears and I do my best to ignore the fact I am getting older whether I like it or not. I am still just as much of a child about my birthday. A fact my family still get great amusement from. I think I'd fooled myself into thinking I had grown up because I wasn't making a huge deal out of my birthday this year. I am not having a party or even doing anything momentous to mark the occasion unless you count the fact that I was out at a gig last night and I'm heading out with a few friends later on today, see I'm barely acknowledging the event. Last year I even worked on my birthday which was not cool but apparently they stop making special dispensations to mark birthdays once you get out of primary school and it seems a little unfair. 

Anyway I thought I was doing pretty well until I realised that part of the reason I am waiting until Tuesday morning to come back to Waterford is the guarantee of a present to open when I wake up and I know that makes me sound like a five year old but I like presents and having a cake on birthday ( although at the moment the only way of getting my hands on a cake I can eat is actually bake it myself) Of course I am also waiting till Tuesday so I can get in a gym class before coming back. I would hate to miss an extra special birthday wod and will probably need something to beat the wine flu out of me. 

I don't mind telling people what I would like for my birthday but I usually like to leave in an element of surprise because it's not as much fun when you know exactly what you are getting and there is a part of me that feels that if I was going to grow out of it then surely I'd have done so by now. Then Again I don't think there's anything wrong with it really. Is it wrong to still have some excitement in you. To be childlike as opposed to childish and in case you are wondering the difference is that childlike involves all the qualities that are good in children where as childish is the opposite. 

Hopefully all the presents will stop me ruminating too much on the fact that I'm getting older. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..