Not a day over 25


( My 4 year old niece drew this beautiful portrait of me where I look kind of like a hooker but a really young one so its cool)

I remember when I was 16 or 17 and I couldn't get into a nightclub for love nor money because I looked too damn young and frankly bouncers aren't stupid. I actually had to carry ID all through college ( even though I didn't start college until I was 24) and once when I was in first year, of college that is, I had to call my 18 year old housemate to come buy me drink because Tesco's wouldn't let me have it . I know it was a compliment really but back then it was more of an inconvenience.

It's funny how much a few years can drastically change your outlook on these things because nowadays when someone tells me how young I look I automatically want to befriend them. Especially when they aren't saying it to be nice or because they are trying to
Butter me up. When someone is genuinely shocked about my age ( in the good way) I instantly like them. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a genuine compliment unless they start making a habit out of saying nice things and then I start to get a bit uncomfortable ( becauseI'm  weird like that ) 

Recently a customer told me that she couldn't get over how lovely my skin was and I had to stop myself telling her I
Didn't even have foundation on  ( might have sounded a bit like bragging ). So she caught me on a good day. I've always had clear skin but I have plenty of days where I look like muck so I instantly warmed to her. 

I'm doing my best to stay young in every sense. Trying to eat better and exercise more and drink all the water and get more air and wash my skin and use an SPF Everyday. All to keep me feeling good and calm the panic inside me about 
Getting older. 

At least it has other benefits too. So it's not just an exercise in vanity. I once saw a motivational saying that said if you don't look after the body you have now then where are you going to live when you're older. I liked it , it struck a chord and if that keeps me looking younger then im pretty sure I won't be complaining 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..