Yum is that chocolate cake ( the recipe)


I'm pretty clever so I adapted one of the few recipes I can use into a birthday cake. Okay , well admittedly I had the idea but a friend of mine had done this recently ( after I had suggested it ) and I based the changes upon her very sucessful cake . 

So to make this you will need grease proof paper , large mixing bowl , wooden spoon , two 8" cake tins and a hand mixer .

Ingredients 
Cake : 
9oz butter
8 tbl coconut sugar 
8 eggs 
6 oz almond flour 
6 oz gluten free flour ( I used buckwheat) 
1 heaped tbl baking powder 

Topping 
6-7 tbl coconut oil
6-7 tbl cocoa powder 
A good dollop of rice syrup 
Rock salt 
Chopped pecan nuts 

1. Leave butter out to soften and then beat With hand mixer until creamy and then add sugar and beat some more.

2. When sugar and butter are well mixed, add eggs one by one and beat With hand mixer.

3. In a separate bowl mix the two flours with the baking powder. Then sieve the mix into the cake batter ( the almond flour won't sieve very well but I found sieving as much of the mix as you can and then mixing the rest In With a wooden spoon worked quite well) do this gently , I.e. don't throw it all in at once 

4. Place the cake Tin on the grease proof paper and trace around it twice. Cut out the circles and leave to one side . Grease Both Tins with butter or coconut oil and place the grease proof paper circles into them.

5. Gently spoon the mixture evenly into
Both tins and use the wooden spoon or spatula to even it out .

6. Place in a preheated oven 200c or 180c fan oven for 20 mins 

7. When cake looks golden brown , remove from oven and place tins upside down on a wire rack or dinner plate ( they should just slide out of the tins ) and allow to cool.

Topping 
1. Melt coconut oil on a medium
Heat and then add cocoa powder.

2. Add rice syrup until mixture tastes sweet and then add a pinch of rock salt. 

3. Spread a layer of this Icing on the bottom layer of the cake ( the flat part ) and then place the other half on top to form a sandwich .

4. Place icing in the fridge for about 5 mins to allow it to cool and thicken 

5 chop pecans or break into small pieces by hand. 

6. Remove icing from fridge and pour onto the cake until the top Is entirely covered . Sprinkle chopped pecans on top and place in the fridge until icing sets 

Makes a pretty delicious and fairly healthy 
( provided you don't eat it all yourself ) chocolate cake. The best idea is to share it with lots of different people so you can't over do it . Enjoy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..