Feeling festive

                      Okay so I probably could have picked a better title for this blog because it would be fair to say I am not feeling particularly festive at all. I have only just started making a genuine effort to get into the holiday spirit but its not like you can have a sip of some special christmassy drink and be off. I think I have begun to make peace with the fact that I wont be at my parents place Christmas day and will hopefully get down Stephens day instead. I am counting to beginning my night duty and am ever aware that its getting closer so I will need to get everything sorted while I still have some sort of brain function. I don't normally decorate my own home for Christmas. Aside from wrapped presents and a classic Christmas cd you could easily think it was any other time of the year. To be fair though I normally get home to my parents place by Christmas Eve where they will have the tree up and the presents out plus wreaths and holly and other Christmas bits on display so I have never really felt the need or even seen the point of spending money on stuff for my own temporary abodes.

Given that I usually last a year somewhere before moving again, it is probably natural that I have never gotten attached to places I've lived nor have I felt the need to add much to it in order to make it my own. The places I have taken roost in have been fine but they have always felt like short term homes and more stuff equals more stuff to move next time around.

This year I will be making more of an effort. I actually set out to buy Christmas decorations of some description today but didn't make a whole lot of progress. I found it hard to get the balance between what I could afford but wasn't tacky. I settled on some lights in jars and night light holders. So far the place looks cosier but its going to take a bit more work to get me feeling festive.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..