The cabbage soup diet that wasn't

I seem to somehow have become one of those women who is either perpetually trying to lose weight or blindly eating my feelings and hoping there are no consequences to said food binge. I think that sentence alone explains how I keep having weight to lose despite my mostly best efforts to be healthy. I recently committed to joining a coworker on some variation of the cabbage soup diet because apparently you lose a good bit from it and I was already weaning myself off sugar (again !). You start off eating soup (as many bowls as you like) and fruit and the next day you can eat veg too and it goes on in this exciting fashion for a week or two. Now if you are supposedly eating close to a pot of soup a say it doesn't specify when a working woman like myself is supposed to find time to make these many pots of soup. Nor does it factor in that as foodstuffs go that soup is actually very boring once you are two or three mouthfuls in.

This all turns out to be much of a muchness because as it happens I never started the diet. In fact I didn't research what exactly was allowed or buy a single item of food that would encourage me to begin this diet. It turns out I don't really have it in me to go on any sort of mad detox or extreme diet. I have managed to stay off sugar and I haven't eaten any really bad food in the last two weeks but it would be a stretch to say I am dieting. I know soon I will be asked about my progress by my diet buddy and I will have to fudge an answer better than is eating hula hoops in the car allowed. It's definitely not a soup but I suppose it could be argued that it's a sort of vegetable (potato) and plus I was driving so I barely remember eating them.

I also haven't frequented the gym in a while and I think aside from being busy and tired, which accounts for 90% of my time, is this lingering notion that anything I put in place before I go on nights will probably go to shit (pardon my french) once the sleep deprivation kicks in. So for now I will muddle through and settle for the fact that I am slightly less fat than usual.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..