Walking in a winter wonderland



This year seems to have flown by in some sort of blur and it feels like I have only blinked and its the 23rd of December or the Eve of Christmas Eve. I am one of the lucky ones in that my presents are bought, wrapped and many of my family ones have been distributed already seeing as I wont be there on Christmas Day to give them out. Instead of being out in town in the mayhem and endless lines of traffic I am at home mentally preparing myself for my long weekend of nights and of course decorating my potted plant when I hastily realised I had nowhere to put presents. I felt it was important to improvise as myself and my boyfriend will be having our mini Christmas here.

This morning instead of having a long luxurious lie in, like one should when facing into a weekend of night shifts, I was up early and making my way out to Seagull bakery to get some delicious coffee and the good pastries before they sold out. I then decided on a whim to try and track down Spelt-bakers mince pies. I had gotten one the other day from Ardkeen stores and it was way more delicious than I ever remember mince pies being. I soon regretted my choice when I arrived at the shopping centre to find absolute bedlam. It took me twenty minutes to even get a parking space and I was out of luck, not a mince pie to be found. I was a bit shook by the time I got home and endlessly glad that I did not have to stay out in the swarm because tracking down edible Christmas treats was hardly essential.

So now I am home in my pyjamas, watching the rain out the window and listening to Christmas Fm and thinking this is about as festive as it gets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..