Have you got a moment to talk about almond butter

Well here goes, I have a problem. I am somewhat, slightly , okay maybe more than slightly addicted to almond butter. So much so that I have I mildly contemplated emailing meridian and telling them about my fondness for their jars of organic almondy goodness in the hope that they might out of the goodness of their hearts send me a jar or two. I would probably also mention that I may have been the poster child for their jam campaign 25 years ago just in case that swings things in my favor. 

I'm not quite stealing to support my habit so I suppose you could say on balance that it's not really that big a problem. Except for the fact that yesterday alone I think I might have had four conversations just about almond butter ( in my defense one of these conversations was with the lady in the health food store who knows me by name, mostly because of frequent trips to purchase almond butter) and it ended up with me buying a jar on my lunch. 

Before I go on I think I need to clear up a little misunderstanding people have about almond butter. It is not in fact like a butter made with almonds but more like the sexier sibling to peanut butter. Like peanut really only amazing and more almondy and not a bit like marzipan, bleugh. I think that may account for a lot of the strange looks I get when I go own about how amazing it is, well that and the fact that most people think my diet is pretty weird anyway.

When it comes down to it I have two major problems with almond butter; one is that its costing me almost a fiver a jar cha ching (if you're averaging two on a given week) and the other is that there is something in organic almond butter and I'll be damned if I know what the something is (secret MSG, perhaps?) but once I start eating it I can't seem to stop. Yesterday I prided myself on only having a small bit on my lunch hour and then promptly undid it by finishing said jar within 10 minutes of being home from work. I could hear it calling to me from the press, well not literally because I'm not mad but it's kind of what it felt like. Oh the siren call of the jar of almond butter. Okay I felt a bit stressed and I thought a spoon full might take the edge off ( like a bonafide addict) except that tasted so good I had another and next thing I know I was licking the remnants of almond butter from my fingers.

I do chose to redeem myself my remembering it's mostly just almonds and salt and really how bad can that be and then promising that next time I'll make the jar last longer than a day. Okay so maybe the fact that it's so expensive is not really a bad thing and might just be my saving grace  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..