I think I might be an emotional genius.

I read an article somewhere a few years back that was saying how there's actually more than one type of intelligence. I know that as society we put most of our focus on IQ but it's actually more complex than that. Now I don't remember all eight but he did say how athletes possess a kinetic intelligence and musicians a musical intelligence and there's also verbal and written and emotional plus some I've clearly forgotten .

Recently I was having a discussion about emotional intelligence. In case you don't know what that is according to psychology.com (totally legit website sure it has the word psychology in the title) is the ability to perceive, control and evaluate emotions. Anyway, even though I'm pretty sure I've done something similar before, I did an online quiz that would tell me what my emotional intelligence was or my eq as the experts call it. It came back with the result that I have an above average emotional intelligence. You heard me right , ABOVE AVERAGE. Yea so there you have it, I am an emotional genius. It must be true because a psychology website told me so. I am thinking of making a badge or perhaps some posters so other people can also be aware of my above average emotional intelligence, you know just in case they can't already tell just from talking to me. As a plus it will give people ample opportunity to tell me how perceptive I am ( once they notice my poster/badge) 
and all this from just answering 12 questions online. I'm surprised they didn't present me with some sort of certificate at the end of it. 

Okay so maybe I was getting carried away and I know how online quizzes work because I have done enough of them but I did still feel pretty pleased with myself when I got such a good result almost as if it was a test I had studied for ( but I totally didn't) and I do think perhaps they might have been onto something because I am reasonably tuned in to the emotions of others, sometimes too much so and I can almost always tell if someone actively dislikes me even when they are acting to the contrary. I am not going to let logic and reason stand in my way on this one. I'm going to take this as the win it could have been

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..