Love at first sight

Before you go and get all excited for yourself thinking that I have met the one let me just burst your bubble. I don't believe in the one but I did just happen to view the perfect apartment and it's kind of the same thing. 

Okay so maybe I am getting carried away because dingy is the word best used to describe my current abode and I am oh so eager to move out right now, tonight if I could. I did promise myself I would start trusting my gut and it was telling me all sorts of good things about this place.

It's Down near the Marina Hotel so not far out of town and it's got everything I want in apartment. I think the bar is set pretty low after this place but still if I had taken out my checklist I could have ticked all the boxes.  It has central heating and I think I cheered inwardly upon hearing that. If you've ever had storage heating then you would understand. 
No visible damp or funny smells ( I know, right !) It's bright and clean and roomy. So many windows sure I wouldn't know what to do with myself with all the light coming in.
It has tonnes of storage with a chest of drawers and a built in wardrobe plus a few cupboards around the place. It's got a tv and is all set up for cable broadband. Oh and its about  100 less than I'm currently paying a month.

So maybe I'm not crazy for being a little bit in love with this place or maybe I am but just don't care. Now the one catch is I wouldn't have this place to myself. The other room there has just been rented to a mature student who also works fairly unsociable hours at a local hotel so he's the only possible fly in the ointment. According to what the guy showing me the place said he's not likely to be home very much but I would hate to find my dream apartment and have it spoiled by a nightmare roommate so I've asked to meet the guy and see if my instincts tell me to go for it or run far far away.

Now I did clock there was a serious amount of steps on the way into the apartment (all outdoor) so if I was to take it then moving in would be a workout in itself so a pain but maybe not an entirely bad thing. 
So Now I sit and wait but also arrange to view some other places and hope the letting agent calls me back so I can stop feeling like a girl just home from a first date awaiting a text. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..