is possibly phone-less again

Sometimes I feel like I'm not meant to have a phone. Like when I lose an almost brand new one on a night out or drop a phone so many times it's lucky its not in pieces. In fact my current phone has had the screen replaced twice and today it had an accidental dunking in a cup of tea which I initially laughed off because it seemed fine until a few hours later it started doing a worrying flickering thing which caused a panicky fluttery feeling in my stomach.

I know I am a little too dependent on technology. I acknowledge this and embrace it to an extent because having a phone that is like a mini computer is kind of awesome until the battery dies two hours after you've left the house because you've been doing so many cool things with it. Right now my phone is currently in a bowl of rice beside a dehumidifier while I say little prayers to whichever deities look after phones and hope that a night of sacrificing my phone will turn on like normal and I will learn my lesson and be more careful with my things. If you saw the state of my current laptop you might be inclined to thing that's unlikely to happen. At the moment it will only turn on if plugged in and the cable in the back is angled a certain way( mostly because I have dropped it so often)  so I have fixed it in place using duct tape, it's also a small bit melted after an incident with a lamp and pretty scratched. 

I am hoping for the best case scenario i.e. usuable phone and trying not to panic about what might happen if that doesn't come about. I will have to cope somehow with facebook being my only point of contact eek. which was all well and good when I could access it from my phone but a whole other story if I have to wait until I am in my apartment and try not to die of curiosity in the meanwhile of all the stuff I could be missing. All sorts of emergencies and I'd know nothing about them. I do appreciate that not being able to check my twitter or instagram hardly counts as an emergency on any level but seeing as no one could text or call me in this time either, I could miss stuff, I don't know what kind of stuff because obviously I would be missing it.

But even a day or two without a phone is now a major inconvenience which is mad considering I've had a phone less than half my life and before that I managed just fine without it. I didn't know I could blog from a phone (or at all) or waste time on pinterest; update facebook; check emails; find the answer to almost any question online and a million other things that seem somewhat urgent now that I can no longer do them. I can't help wondering have I lost all sense of my real priorities ( quite possibly) or was I missing out all those years I put off getting a phone with a camera so my battery would last longer. As someone who reluctantly succumbed to technology I sure seem to have trouble managing without it. If you need me for now I am available by snail mail or facebook.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..