Feed me, Feed me , feed me !!

I would say I always used to spend a certain amount of time thinking about food, what I would eat and when I would eat it but lately things have changed and it's taking up way too much mental space. I could be out there changing the world and making a name for myself but I'm not because I'm too busy thinking about what to eat next and when I'll get to eat it. 

I have found since I discovered crossfit in a big way (like the last year or so because before that I was doing the workouts but not feeling the same level of commitment) and started building some muscle ( but not in a blokey way) that I am perpetually hungry. Well not right now, right now I'm kinda stuffed because I ate too much but that's another story. 

I frequently reach a point in my day (especially at work when I can only eat on breaks) where I am so hungry that you shouldn't bother speaking to me because I will lose the capacity to function properly. My attention span goes to shit and all I can hear is my brain on a loop thinking feed me, feed me, feed me.  I find it hard to focus on work or even keep my thoughts straight. So I just float trying to keep busy and waiting till I can get some food and God help If I need to go into town before I can get home to the proper food because hungry Laura is liable to buy any number of things she shouldn't be eating out of hunger induced madness.

Today I was off work and decided to get my food shopping out of the way before the gym so I had breakfast with my parents ( as I was in Clonmel, they didnt make a special trip to Waterford just to eat with me) and my mother was laughing at me for putting some snacky food in my bag in case I got hungry later because according to her I was eating a serving of porridge ( with berries, banana and some ground seeds) that was big enough to fill a farmer ( and don't we all know what hearty appetites they have). I had plans to go into town straight after the gym and I knew (from bitter experience) that if I don't eat by a certain point in the day then town is just not going to happen. 

Even with my snacks I got to about two o clock and I was feeling overwhelmed and very hungry and was not having the most productive day. I was supposed to be buying either a new cardigan or a jacket and it turned out to be far more difficult an endeavor than I had previously anticipated. An hour and a half later I was still in town, empty handed and feeling the kind of hunger best described as hangry. Which is when you become so hungry you are irrationally angry at all kinds of stuff like the people who wont move or the shops for only having stupid long cardigans for tall people. So I was forced to give up and go home and feed myself properly.

The whole way I home I found myself feeling irritable with other drivers and the cars and inanimate objects but I got there in one piece and 15 minutes later I was fed and a functioning member of the human race once again. 

In case you found my hunt for the right cardigan terribly exciting I can tell you I did return to Tkmaxx and get not one but two that met my high standards. And yet the hanger continues, well not right now but tomorrow I will hit that sweet spot in the day and I'm going to need to find a way around it. I can't take to filling my pockets with almonds although I will admit to considering it. It would start to look suspicious if I was standing around the shop chewing all morning. Until I do find a solution I think I'd like to take a moment to apologize for the things I have said out of hanger and also the things I have yet to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..