The great big clear out

This weekend I have been gradually moving some of my stuff into the new apartment because why waste my days off moving if I can get most of it out of the way now. I have already moved two full car loads and honestly my apartment still looks inhabited which is either a sign I need to be less messy (genuine possibility) or just that I have far too much stuff. I mean come on I have moved so many times in the last five years you think I'd have it down to a fine art but all evidence points to the contrary.

Now that the move is imminent ( I wont be living there till Tuesday ) or you know, happening, I'm getting quite excited about not living here anymore. Since packing up I have been finding water ( I'm assuming this is due to the damp) in the most surprising of places and my bathroom floor has a mysterious wet sheen to it and it's so bloody dark that I am sitting here before work with my light on. When I was over randomly dumping bags of my stuff in my new bedroom I couldn't get over how bright and airy the place looks and it's warm. I actually found it a little too warm to be honest, perhaps it's a bit soon in the year to have the heating on in the morning or else I am too used to this badly ventilated cesspit , ahem I mean apartment.

Tomorrow I have an exciting day planned of packing up my remaining belongings and cleaning every inch of this place which will probably take a while given that it's pretty grubby looking most of the time and I haven't been putting my usual effort to maintain order because I know I'm moving. In a weird way I am looking forward to the big clear out because there's something sort of therapeutic about scrubbing a place down. You know how they say a cluttered house is a sign of a cluttered mind and all that. I find strangely that I feel better and even sleep better in a clean room and yet I often find I allow clothes to pile up on chairs and allow books to strewn on every available surface.

I find myself half filled with excitement and half filled with dread with the thought of everything that needs doing tomorrow but also very glad I have my car because this would be one epic move if I had to do it college style ( all of my belongings in a stolen/ borrowed tesco trolley , I was only moving across the car park in those days. )  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..