The perfect storm

Right now I am sitting at home under a blanket listening to the wind howling outside in an ominous fashion and if rumours are to be believed this storm hasn't even got started yet. Now I know the weather we're experiencing here in the South east doesn't even begin to compare with the hurricanes and what not in other parts of the world but I am not living in those places and I can only blog about my own experiences. 

I am not enjoying this weather one little bit, not that anyone is but It does not fill me with cheer heading to work early in the morning on your average dry day, I am not and will never be a morning person, so you can imagine what battling my way in rain and wind does to improve my mood. Not to burden you all with my tales of hardship and woe but I lost an Umbrella heading to work on Monday morning. The wind turned it inside out so many times I was pretty much holding a handle so I dumped it and arrived at work with wet socks. That made for a good day. 

Tomorrow is my day off and normally I head home straight after work and do a Crossfit class but tonight I couldn't face the drive home in this weather. It was so cold even in work that I was dying to get back to my apartment and crawl into my pyjamas. By the time I arrived home soaked and frozen I had already made my mind up. Besides my overall feeling of cold and laziness there was also the fact that I almost got blown away walking home on more than one occasion I was walking against the wind and it felt similar to treading water. I would have been more than a little nervous about taking Stella ( my tiny old banger of a Toyota starlet) out on the road in that. She'd probably have gotten blown away which would have been sad and all especially as she'd have taken me with her. 

The plan as it stands is to get up early in the morning and drive down to Clonmel in the morning for a class and I will admit there is a teeny tiny lazy bit of me that's sort almost hoping that wont be possible but mostly just because I am tired and warm and quite liking the being inside when it's like this. I will assess the weather when I get up in the morning and take it from there. The little lane outside my apartment is already suffering from some bad flooding but I don't know if that will ease off before the morning and the river nearby is looking dangerously high. I am just hoping the water doesn't start to seep into our courtyard because I'm pretty sure my car would not take well to water damage. 

In the meanwhile I am feeling pretty snug here in my comfy clothes with the heating on and the blanket almost up to my chin and I am doing my level best to try and ignore the sounds outside that make me fear my apartment will be blown away in the night like some sort of modern day wizard of Oz. I can only hope in the event that does happen that it takes me somewhere interesting and maybe sunny. Sunny would be good right now 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..