Laura is a silly girl

Today I am feeling incredibly tired, a little bit sick and oh so silly but it's cool because I am just going with it. Lost somewhere in the high brought on by sugar and lack of sleep. For Valentine's I went to a comedy gig (Andrew Maxwell, in case you were wondering) and it was well worth the money spent, I think my stomach is still sick from laughing but that could be from the sugar. Anyway after we had arranged to meet a mutual friend at someone's 30th for a drink or two and I was being a sensible Sally, only too aware of my 7 am alarm call and my propensity for epic hangovers so I only had two glasses of not very nice wine and was ridiculously tipsy as a result. The trouble with the epic nature of my hangovers (even after moderate drinking) is that it often prohibits me from actually enjoying alcohol as I drink it because I am so worried about the after effects, I can't help that as a worrier at heart. Anyway I had my two glasses and at 1 I said my goodbyes because I could almost hear the alarm going off and was starting to dread the painful sensation of dragging my half asleep ass out of bed. At home I did all of the right things, took off my make up, had a glass of water, ate two buns. Okay so maybe the last part wasn't strictly necessary but they were om nom nom delicious and certainly better than chips, am I right.

Anyway fast forward to not that many hours later, my alarm goes off and I am crying on the inside so I grant myself an extra half hours sleep promising to skip something in my morning routine to make up for lost time and what feels like mere seconds later the alarm is off again and I am showering half asleep and putting something in my belly before half shuffling to work attempting to pass myself off as a functioning human being. Saturdays are not the best days to feel like death but I am made of steel so I cope in a stellar fashion promising myself that I wont use my crippling hangover depression and overall sleep deprived-ness as an excuse to eat all the bad foods. As it turns out I was lying to myself and by break time I have already had a bun but feel like a fraud as I also popped to the health food shop to pick up baking supplies while nomming on cucumber slices and the lady in there tells me how healthy I am. By lunch time I am feeling completely spaced out and decide the solution is some sugar, it seems I was incorrect as I am still feeling kind of buzzed from the dark chocolate. All those fools out there taking drugs recreationally and I can get buzzed just from not sleeping and a bit of dark chocolate (like a boss) 

I coast through work, well sort of. Not sure where the time went because it felt a bit like an out of body experience as I tidied and reordered and made recommendations. Aside the the last hour where I was left manning the chocolate counter, which would be fine except I cannot make a coffee for the life of me. I have already confessed to being the worlds worst waitress, there is a very good reason I don't work in the service industry and for some ridiculous reason being asked to stand in the chocolate counter makes me break out in a cold sweat. I usually stand there silently hoping no one will request a coffee but I am rarely that lucky and I am so confounded by the damn coffee machine which never does what I want it to do that it makes me feel like I am going to throw up in my mouth every time I have to use it. The only thing worse than the coffee machine is having to explain to other people that I am actually a bit afraid of it. 

In case you were worried for my general well being, You'll be relieved to know I survived it. And I am now home doing regular things only much much slower than I normally would but feeling glad that tomorrow after I get a whole lot of sleep that I will be less silly and back to my awesome self. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..