From ordinary girl to hungry hungry hippo in 5 simple steps


Last night I went to the afters of a christening With the boyfriend. It was a good night and I behaved in a very grown up fashion, having 4 glasses of wine over a number of hours. Pacing myself , if you will. My mother would almost have approved. Anyway despite my good behaviour I woke this morning with a mouth that tasted like sock, a nauseous feeling in my stomach, my head was pounding and I was in terrible form. Not to mention the fact that I had an atrocious case of the dumb, a complete inability to form coherent sentences and an overwhelming urge to eat all the food. 

So I lazed about and snacked a lot including crackers , buns and pancakes yum. I also managed to make two types of cookies for my friends birthday tomorrow and in an even more impressive feat, managed to not eat them all. 

Probably not my most productive day ever but considering how I felt all day, I didn't do too badly. I promised a friend of mine I'd help her bake a cake . it turned out smaller than planned so we decided to chop it into slices and put chopped nuts in the icing. i didn't stay around long enough to eat said cake so I got home feeling tired and hungry and with strong desire to bake chocolate nut slices for myself. It's pretty simple to make. I Just used the bun recipe and added chopped  nuts. Anyway here's the recipe again incase you fancy it.

Ingredients 
3 oz almond flour 
3 oz buckwheat flour ( you can use any gluten free flour here )
2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs
4 1/2 oz butter 
4-6 tbl coconut sugar 
1 tsp vanilla essence

the icing 
6 tbl coconut oil
6 tbl cocoa or cacao powder ( I used green and blacks cocoa powder)
rice syrup ( you can also use agave or maple ) to taste
a pinch of rock salt
Chopped nuts to sprinkle on top . I went with pecans and almonds.

1, Mix the butter with an electric mixer until soft and fluffy and then add sugar .
2, add the eggs one by one and then the vanilla essence, mixing each time 
3, mix the flours with baking powder and gently fold into the mixture 
4, when its all well mixed spoon into a greased rectangular or square baking pan and use a spoon or spatula to spread the mixture evenly  and place in a preheated oven at 180c (fan oven) for about 18 minutes

When they have cooled you can add the icing. 
To make the icing melt the coconut oil and add cocoa powder and gradually add rice syrup until it tastes sweet, throw in a pinch of rock salt and then place it to one side and allow it cool a little. When it has thickened a bit spread the icing on top of the nut slices and sprinkle with nuts. Place in a fridge for an hour to allow 
To set and then slice into squares and enjoy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..