Lazy lazy bean

This morning my alarm went off at 7 am and I forced myself awake to check the weather reports because I thought there was a chance last nights storm might continue and I would be forced to have a duvet day. Once I realized this was not the case I forcibly dragged myself out of bed and into the shower and afterwards sat in my kitchen sullenly spooning porridge into my mouth. As I sat there listening to rain pelt the skylight I realised I really really didn't want to have to drive home today and after consulting the book of answers, it only took me a few tries to get the answer I wanted, I made an executive decision to return to bed.

Now it's 11 am and I am still tired, noticeably crankier and feeling a certain sense of remorse for this mornings decision. Right about now I should be sweatily finishing a crossfit class but instead I am lazing like a slug in my bed and not feeling better for it. The rain has stopped and all seems calm outside so my days sabbatical no longer feels justified and I swear I can feel myself getting fatter as a result. 

Shortly ( as soon as I finish writing this ) I will get up and do my best to make myself look human and briefly face the world as I go in search of coconut oil and ryvita. I know those are both exciting purchases but the day before pay day is the poorest of them all. 
Hopefully this mini outing will put me in slightly better form because right now I am up there with the grinch and I don't quite know why.

Can I blame the storm?, would that be okay ? or the fact that I over indulged on gluten free bread yesterday and I'm still feeling sick or perhaps my late night crime show watching led to some pretty strange and scary dreams in which I was kidnapped and most unfairly even though I woke mid dream for the bathroom I still managed to get right back into the same dream upon returning to sleep. Funny how that never happens with a good dream. 
I am going to make more of the rest of my day off I swear and find some more productive way to while away my hours than catching up on missed episodes of criminal minds, however tempting that may be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..