Farewell to Waterford

So after a lifetime  ( or 11 years) of living in Waterford city I find myself saying goodbye. I had been wanting to leave the city for a while, it had lost its allure for me but I didnt envision myself leaving quite like this. Rather than packing excitedly thinking of new possibilities, I find this move is tinged with sadness as it was prompted by the end of a relationship which had been the last anchor keeping me in Waterford.

When I first moved to Waterford, it was for college and I spent four years living in student accommodation on the cork road. They were a great four years in rather shabby apartments and many lifelong friends were made. Much as I enjoyed my time in Waterford, I wasn't exactly heartbroken when a group of us moved to Edinburgh at the end of college to start some new adventures. A mere four months later I moved home for the sake of a relationship that clearly didnt work out and 6 months later when it all went up in flames, the sensible thing to do would have been to get the hell out of dodge but I had only just gotten a job and so I persevered.

A year later I got another job in Waterford again, this time in a bookshop and somehow got stuck in a rut so deep I almost never left. Two and a half years later I felt into a job in the care sector and it wasn't long before that took me to Kilkenny. It would have been natural at that point to move myself to Kilkenny but by then I was in a relationship that was very entrenched in Waterford. I changed jobs again last year but the new/current job was in kilkenny again.

Anyway to cut a story short before I get too emotional, this change in circumstances means I will indeed be moving on. I wont be moving straight to Kilkenny, my first pitstop will be to my parents house for a few weeks while I get myself together and find the right place.  That will be an experience in itself especially dealing with the lack of phone coverage out there. However I feel about it seems I am now moving on to the next chapter of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..