My life starts here

After what feels like a really long time, but in reality has only been a month, I am finally moving to Kilkenny. Tonight will be my last night living with my parents and I am certain once I am feeling less exhausted I will be very excited about this. Its been a strange few weeks between the break up and moving home and it feels like my life has been moving so fast but so slowly at the same time. I am trying to find the positive in all of this and I have decided that Kilkenny will be a brand new start for. A clean slate, my Taylor Swift moment , the old Laura is dead and the new improved version is on the way. 

I am going to try and change as many things as I can in order to find this happiness lark that everyone is always talking about. I have already walked out of relationship and prepared to make my home in a city where I know no one bar a few colleagues so that's a pretty decent start. I am also doing my best to commit to a return to training and eating well. Its only been two weeks since I was last a couch dwelling glutton but I am doing well so far. 

I have plans to visit gyms in order to find the Kilkenny replacement for Optimise health and nutrition. This feels a bit strange because I think I have been training in the one place for six years now but I am feeling optimistic I can find somewhere similar and then be motivated to train more frequently plus maybe meet some like minded friends. Its a shame I can't do that in the way my nieces do and just approach people in bookshops (my version of the playground) but I think the general consensus is thats pretty weird. Not that I have ever tried it. 

I am also on the hunt for a yoga class which has my mother pretty excited as she has been urging me to try yoga for years now to no avail and my gym coach recently informed me that he has encountered more flexible pieces of wood (and I don't think he was trying to flatter me) so I clearly need some help there. Plus its yet again an opportunity to meet people and we can talk about yoga stuff like where to get the best yoga pants and say namaste a lot.

Im determined to find some sort of creative outlet. If you have ever seen me draw then you will surely know I can't and I wont be embarrassing myself by drawing stick figures in a room of actual budding artists. On the other hand I do write and I would like to see if I can expand on my creative writing or poetry. I would love to learn performance poetry and actually be able to speak it without throwing up in my mouth. If someone would just teach me the art of it then I could work on the second part myself. 

Im going to connect with fellow girlcrewers in Kilkenny and hopefully get myself out there a bit more and have some fun and remember all the things I like about being on my own. Perhaps I will even meet a few people with similar interests to me. 

Im toying with the idea of dating again and I don't mean looking for a boyfriend. I have just come out of a long relationship and I am not fully over that yet but the thought of going on a date is becoming vaguely less terrifying and who knows maybe the reality of it wont send me into palpitations either. I don't want to spend my time lingering on what could have been and this seems like the best way to move forward. I will be outside the castle on weekends with a giant net looking for my first date post relationship, that is how it works isn't it? 

It wont be long either until I begin in my social care job in the community house so that will be another change and another challenge. There's no harm in pushing myself right out of my comfort zone, I might actually discover who I am meant to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..