The demise of moonface



The other day I was looking in the mirror scrutinising my face in a critical fashion and thinking how badly overdue a hair cut I am and I realised, much to my horror, that my face is after becoming terribly round. This should not be a shock. I had become very neglectful in terms of gym attendance and between the demise of my relationship and the aftermath I had been eating sugar as though my life depended on it. I had also been eating a ridiculous amount of bread which does as much for my digestive system as it does for my waistline. I am not one of those magical women who can eat whatever I want without consequence. I seem to wear the consequences primarily on my face and muffin top before it spreads to other areas.

This is not an acceptable state of affairs. My hair has become very shaggy and its not a good look but before I deal with my disastrous hair, I must first tackle my moonface. If I know anything about the bob hairstyle, and I should know plenty as I have had many versions of it over the years, it is that it only accentuates the roundness of my face. The last thing I want to do right now is to draw attention to the fact that my face is positively lunar in appearance. 

This is the bit where I put my foot down declaring enough is enough and return to the gym while making big changes to the quality of my diet. If I had a euro for everytime I reach crisis point and make this sort of declaration then I would have quite the collection. Even though its a cliche this is what I am doing. I returned to the gym on Wednesday. I was the least enthused person in there and the warm up was more than enough for me. I completed almost all of the main workout but unfortunately did not quite get to the end due to an overwhelming need to throw up. I ate minimal junk that day and was at home feeling super motivated. So much so that I vowed to eat better and return for more punishment the next day.

The next day arrived and I awoke thinking I had been in a horrible accident while I slept but fortunately it was just my poor shocked muscles grappling with the pain of working out. I did not make it to a class that day but neither did I eat any rubbish or any bread. This is a major achievement right now. I'm going to do my utmost to get through the weekend without pigging out and return to the gym for more fun as soon as I am off Monday morning. 

I am still dealing with the fact that I am now a single woman and at some point I might actually want to date someone again. Given that I can't ask said imaginary man to only look upon me from a height in flattering lightening this might just be the kick I need to get going. Plus it would be nice to not spend time poking myself in the squishy bits when I am supposed to be trying on clothes. I would really like to start feeling good about myself again and to say goodbye to moonface. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..