Hidden Gems

So I've been living in Kilkenny just under a month now but it's really starting to grow on me. I wasn't exactly a stranger to kilkenny before I moved here so it's fair to say I wasn't immune to its charms but since moving down I've fallen a bit in love with the city. 

Now my social life has not exactly been hopping since I got here. I have friends in work and people I make small talk with in the gym but I haven't exactly been out on the town. Don't get me wrong I'm perfectly okay with this. 

I'm still really enjoying exploring the city. There are corners I haven't seen and lesser known gems soon to be discovered. I think this particularly exciting for me because after 11 years I found Waterford had lost its lustre for me. I felt as though it had given me everything it had to offer and I wanted so much more.  I felt stuck and hemmed in but here I am embarking on a whole new adventure. 

I started off exploring the city streets and soaking up all the atmosphere. This city has so much more life to it. Now though I've fallen a bit for the castle and its grounds. I have already done several walks around the castle park and the beautiful river walk that runs past the castle walls. I can't get over how you feel so far out of the city when in reality you are right in the heart of it. 

I know soon it will get darker and rainier and my passion for walking will die off but then I will find other parts of kilkenny to enchant me. I write this while sipping a sparkling water and perched in the comfiest armchair Billy Byrne's has to offer. In the coming months I am looking forward to the festivals. Savour food fest is next month but more excitingly subtitle world cinema festival is coming up in November. I am contemplating putting in for a few days so i can just binge watch world cinema the few days. And of course there will be music and theatre and comedy and so much more. This is only the beginning of a beautiful love affair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..