Home sweet home

I know it feels as though I have been talking about this forever but I have finally moved to Kilkenny. Yes its official I am living in my own place just outside the city and I love it. It's been an adjustment mentally for sure but not at all in a bad way. I think the thing is living in my parents place felt like a temporary arrangement. I know obviously it was temporary because it wasn't like I was going to stay there forever and I am pretty sure we would have had words after another month or so if it looked like I wasn't making plans to leave. It felt like in a weird way as though I could go back to Waterford at any time and that myself and Stephen were on a break. The kind of break where you remove all your possessions from the apartment you cohabited in and cut all contact. Not that I was harbouring hopes of getting back with him but at the same time I was scared that once I moved to kilkenny it would hit home hard and the cryfest 2017 would restart.

Here's the thing though I now live in Kilkenny, a whole four days so far and it's fine. I don't miss him and I can handle the fact that its permanent and I am excited about the new opportunities this move is going to bring. I am telling you I am going to be the best version of myself just you wait and see. So I live alone now and that's fine. Actually its a balm to my little introverted soul to know all I have to do to recharge is go home where I can potter and update my instagram or change the messages on my lightbox or lie across either of my couches and read. I can also do whatever the hell I want when I want and thats fine too. No obligations or being dragged to events I have no interest in. I am making my own agenda now and that's actually great.

So as I said I moved in Thursday and by Thursday night I was fully unpacked. Im just a bit weird about that kind of thing. I couldn't relax fully if I didn't have it all organised. I paused that afternoon mid way through unpacking to pick up a few bits and to go check out a potential gym. It turned out to be a run of the mill globo gym with free weights,machines and personal training. That really wasn't what I was looking for but with the help of the trusty interweb I found a Crossfit gym just around the corner and it turned out to be a much better fit and before I had even fully unpacked I had arranged to do a trial class the next morning. I went to the class as planned and they kicked my ass so naturally I joined the gym and this makes me even more excited about my move to Kilkenny. Im going to get so much stronger, just you wait.
The next day I went off on a spree buying stuff for the house. It wasn't so much stuff I actually needed as it was stuff that would make the place cosier. I got totally carried away but I was keen to make my house a home (see photo with the blog) and I think I succeeded. 

I have a 15 minute drive to work and about the same to my gym. Im going to a yoga class tomorrow night and I am in the process of exploring other opportunities to engage and connect with the community out there. It's fair to say I am feeling pretty positive about the move and it really is a case of home sweet home

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..