100 days of happiness

After doing some thinking, I have decided to give this 100 days of a happiness a try. I don't know if this means I have to be full on happy for 100 days because if that's the case then I've full on failed. When I woke this morning I'm pretty sure I was what you would picture when you hear the word ratty. Clearly there are other challenges I would be must better suited to like 100 days of sarcasm, crankiness, general annoyance but that wouldn't really be a change for me and seeing as I have been living it long enough, I can conclusively say there are no merits to  those.

I started my happiness challenge three days ago. Right after I mentioned considering it in my previous blog post because I know how likely I am to forget about it if I leave it too long.
Just to be clear, I am not planning to be super cheerful for 100 days because I couldn't do it, I don't actually know anyone who could without the assistance of alcohol or narcotics and I have neither on my side. Instead I am looking to find one thing a day that makes me genuinely happy and use it as an anchor so even when the day feels like it's the worst day ever, I can remember that one thing that made me happy. There is a decent chance that this means I'm doing this thing all wrong but that's okay. I've already made my peace with that.

I gave the whole matter a little thought and decided I can't be trusted to keep up with the '100 days of happiness' all by myself. I know that if I was to do it in a notebook I would surely just forget or quietly give up after one bad day. So it has to be on some form of social media, to keep me on the straight and narrow. I ruled out my blog because the thought of having to write a full blog post a day, every day for 100 days, about something that made me happy would actually be painful both for me and the poor souls reading it. I didn't go with Facebook as I imagined that would get annoying pretty fast and soon I would be hidden from everyones' news feed and then I was going to go with instagram but I would need a picture of everything that made me happy and Stephen has already banned me from posting pictures of him online. That left twitter. I have posted three times now and I don't know if anyone actually sees it but I do and its making me feel better so at least that counts for something. 

If you care to follow my quest (or see at what point do I get bored and give up) then my twitter handle is bookshoplaura (how predictable) and so far my three happy things have been Crossfit, Stephen  and books. It can only get more exciting from here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..