The threequarterversary weekend

If my boyfriend and I were the types to jokingly mark every month we've been together then today would be our threequarterversary, like an anniversary but only nine months in. Well we're not because that would be ridiculous and he'd be mad at me for sharing it on my blog. As it happens, we had our first date on the first of November so it makes it pretty easy to remember. I can't say it was completely intentional but we have a lot going on this weekend so you could almost say we're celebrating (but we're not). 

Spraoi starts today in Waterford but all the good bits don't really happen until Saturday or Sunday and just my luck today is the only day I'm off over the weekend. Last year was the year I had my iphone 5 stolen and as I'm still paying off the contract the memory of it stings a bit so at least this year I don't have a horribly messy night like that to look forward to. I'm actually not sure how much of the proper bit of Spraoi I'll even get to see because while I like going to all the street acts to see aerial dancing and all of that, Stephen has informed me he usually leaves the county to avoid it. Just like Scrooge, if it was Christmas or maybe growing up here you don't get the same enjoyment from the festival. 

Anyway tonight we're going to see a thing called tangled theatre. I'm not even sure what it is. All I know I know is I was told it's a play of some description and it's on tonight and it wasn't too pricey so I said yes but I suppose what more do I really need to know. It's a night out and it's culture and probably part of Spraoi even if It's not one of the things I highlighted in the festival guide as something I really wanted to see. And maybe we might go hear some music somewhere after that if I'm feeling particularly adventurous or more likely not too sleepy. That seems to be the story of my thirties so far, wanted to see stuff but was too tired.
 So we'll see. 

Saturday I will be like a zoo keeper only in a book shop trying to keep tiny sticky hands from wrecking all of the books all day long or maybe it will be really quiet with the festival and I'll be counting down till home time. That night we're going for dinner in Bellissimo, an Italian place out the Dunmore road. Naturally I've never eaten there but that's not surprising given that I could say that about pretty much any restaurant in Waterford. Some of Stephen's friends are going and we were invited a long. I've only met a few of them before and I think everyone knows that if there's anything I like more than eating out, it's doing it with a room full of strangers. This must be the broadening your horizons lark that everyone talks about. I'm sure it will be nice and different, much as I dislike doing different things, it's good to do them sometimes and upon viewing their menu, I believe they have a salad I can eat. It would seem Italian restaurants hate vegetarians a bit less than French ones. After that I think we're heading into town to hear some music in one of the quieter bars. 

Sunday, Yet again I will have the dubious honour of heading up the book desk. Lucky me. At least it should keep the day moving a long quickly or so I hope. I'm a little tempted to bring a change of clothes to work to save me going home because I really wanted to catch some of the festival before it ends. I don't know that we have a plan for the evening. I think there's music in the new street gardens and there's a few other things I wanted to see but I already know the highlight will be the parade because somehow, Stephen has been roped into dressing as an owl and pushing a float. I only wish I owned a better camera so I could capture it for the internet and not just to laugh at (a lot) and then that will be it. Another weekend done except this year I wont wake on the Bank holiday Monday with a very sore head and minus an expensive phone so without even trying it will be a better Spraoi than last year. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..