Accidental photoshop

I am not sure what normal people do in their alone time because I am much too busy being awesome in my own company to actually stop and ask them. Last night I was having a too tired to function in the company of others night so I was home alone in comfy clothes, relaxing. As well as catching up on all of the shows I had downloaded ; drinking many cups of tea, reading the hot young adult book of the moment ( in one sitting, it wasn't a good book but I couldn't sleep) I also spent quite a lot of time playing with my phone. I have been using that old Iphone 3gs for so long now that I had gotten used to not taking photos any more but it was cool because I had Stephen for that. So now the camera on my phone can do lots of fancy things and I  am still finding those out. 

I will admit that it depresses me somewhat the mode my camera uses with front facing camera only is called selfie because really who wants to encourage the endless tirade of young women ( mostly ) posting pictures of themselves on every available social media outlet just to prove they exist or pretend they are unattractive so that people can tell them how gorgeous they truly are. All of that being said when I decided to play around with all of the different filters on my phone, I did use the selfie mode. To be fair I was home for the evening in pyjamas so its not like there was anything of note in the apartment to test it on. In retrospect, if he had known, I am sure Stephen would be doubly glad that he was not sitting in with me. He does make an excellent guinea pig. 

Anyway I was sitting on my couch making silly faces and trying different angles and different effects like distortion and inverting colours ( actually really creepy) and then looking at all of the photos to see the overall effects when I accidentally clicked on the wrong button and suddenly I was looking at a whole set of options for editing a picture of my face. I could smooth out my skin, make it brighter, widen my eyes (go too big and you look like an alien, I know because I tried) and make my eyes brighter. I will admit when I looked at the end effect I did think I looked a bit nicer but not all that much different and then I saw the before picture and I was really taken aback. Because I am very smart and also very lovely I put the two pictures together in a collage (I even downloaded a special collage app to do it) 
And in case you hadn't guessed the bottom picture is the enhanced one. I had just taken my make up off and I was pretty shattered so that's why the top picture looks so rough. It really got me thinking, firstly that this is an awesome feature on my phone and then that I have been a fool spending all of this money on make up when I could be just photo shopping my own face and insisting that no one looks at me closely in real life. on second thoughts that might be a little crazy so maybe I will stick to touching up the odd picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..