My pushy friend


In an attempt to eat a bit better, I decided to eat more consciously and downloaded the myfitnesspal app once again. Last time we had parted ways on not so good terms but I was ready to do better and lose that belly fat. It was all for the greater good. I suppose it all depends on your definition of the greater good. I am just trying to be less wobbly so come Christmas I will be more like a saucy elf than Mrs Claus if you know what I mean. 

The trouble with using my fitness pal is that it's very easy to get sucked in and find yourself caught up in the calorie counting. I was hoping to make myself more conscious in my eating so say I have 100 calories left after dinner, well then I might not eat a snack for the sake of it. The thing about it though is that it's more than just an app for tracking your food and fitness and weight loss. It's a bit like having a really pushy friend who wants to know what you're eating , when and then judges you for it. It could be argued that I am putting my own emotions onto a responsive piece of phone software. But let me tell you a lot of the time it doesn't feel that way.

This evening I got out of the gym to see a 
Notification across the screen informing me I had not logged my dinner yet and would I like to do it now. I thought , no , my fitness pal , I would not like to log it because I haven't actually had my dinner yet. 

Every time I log a food it flashes with little messages about benefits of said food it if I'm going over my daily allowance of fats, carbs etc. if I try to eat well, I sometimes don't eat enough calories and I get a warning/lecture when I finish logging my food and if I go over, I get warning about that too. Now you are probably wondering why I don't just quit the app altogether but I won't for now. Overall I feel it is doing me good. My stomachis definitely  smaller and the other day I got back into my small, unforgiving, tight jeans without too much of a fight. 

For now I'll put up with my pushy friend and fill in my meals, doing my best to eat better, all to keep my fitness pal happy And my tummy flatter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..