New Year Laura

Some people have the habit of referring to their sober or drunk persona's as separate entities but I have taken this one step further I on the other hand have current me and future me, So there is me right now who is lazy, unconcerned about her future, sugar habit and lack of willingness to exercise the last few weeks. She is having all the fun and she is not worried about the consequences of her actions (mostly because she's not exactly doing anything crazier than eating chocolate buttons in pyjamas) because Future Laura has got that covered.
Well future Laura would want to have her shit together because current me is really counting on that.


Current me has put the car insurance letter to one side, is not worrying about the phone bill with the extra upgrade costs, ignoring the fact that all this sugar is making her a bit squidy around the middle and isn't stressing out about the fact that she has really promised herself this is the year where she will go from having a job to a career ( and I am starting this year from January) And there's a very good reason why I am stretched out on my couch watching mindless shows and getting good use out of my colouring therapy book ( think intricate patterns for adults to colour, so soothing) because I know that there is a new year just around the corner and new year Laura well she's got some plans. She might even have lists and she sure has some lovely notebooks for making said plans, I know because this year Laura got them for Christmas. Once I wake up on January 1st, I am certain I will be smarter and more capable and you know just sorted.


In case you are worried I have gone mad, you can relax, put down the phone. No need for concerned phone calls to me or my family. I know that New year Laura isn't really another person, just me in detox mode with better ideas. I won't be making a list of resolutions and swearing to keep them because at this stage we all know how that pans out but I do have some ideas of how to better myself in the coming months. I will be going into full detox mode, I am already cutting back on spelt because I have been feeling all kinds of not good from overdoing it. I will be saying goodbye to sugar and all it's delicious ways which means the chocolate cafe and I will be parting ways, Their chocolate buttons will be missed but on the plus side I will be able to make eye contact with the staff in there again (as I wont be so embarrassed about my chocolate button habit) and I will be getting back down to the gym again. I have much work to make up for (okay about 3 weeks worth) but once I get through my first few classes I wont feel like I am dying throughout and be walking like John Wayne for days after and I wont be so damn tired all the time. In the New Year my blog will be discovered by someone important and I will become a rich famous writer. Okay so maybe that's unlikely to happen but I will continue both my everyday and cultural blogging and eventually build more of a reach and I have plans to do some volunteering so that the social care degree I have will eventually become more than just a really expensive decoration. So one of these Decembers when I declare this is my last ever Christmas in retail and I will be able to actually mean it. For now though I am wearing a dressing so soft it feels like I am wrapped in a cloud and my couch is calling to me. There are many plans to be made but I think you will find they are New Year Laura's responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..