shiny happy new gadgety love

Everyone knows that feeling of excitement when you first get a new gadget and you just want to hole up in a room and play With it until the novelty wears off.

I remember getting my first ever phone at 18. Before then, no one I knew had a phone so it wouldn't have been terribly exciting to own one. That was 14 years ago (yes I really am that old ) and it was a Siemens c65. I really wanted a Nokia because they were much cooler but I didn't want to wait the two days for them to come back into stock so my impatience pushed me into buying a Siemens. If you're too young to remember the phone then I understand (please stop flaunting your youthfulness in my face )
It was pretty basic. It had no games or camera and when you received a text , it would move across the screen slowly in a single line. It wasn't all bad ,no one had anything like a iPhone yet so you didn't feel hard done by and the battery on it would last for days. Plus you could go online (on your pc) and get instructions on how to programme different ringtones on to it. It Might not seem like much now but back then we thought we were the coolest.

Fast forward to now and the phones we are using are so advanced (no one's getting excited by a phone having snake anymore ) that even science fiction couldn't have conceived of it. If you had told me 14 years ago that In the not too distant future, we would be carrying phones as powerful as your average computer around in our pockets, I'd never have believed you and I would understand why we would want to either. Yet Here I am , a sucker for a phone that do everything and I know I'd be lost without it. 

As I mentioned in my last post ( the courier one ) my long awaited phone arrived on Tuesday. It took me a little while to get it all set up but once I did, I had two main thoughts , holy crap I think this might be better than my laptop and I think I might need bigger hands. Beside my old phone (iPhone 4s) this one (HTC one m8) seems colossal. Two days later, I'm Still getting the hang of it. Obviously
I have mastered the basics like texting and making calls and using some of the camera functions but there is so much this phone can do that I'm still learning about. My roommate had to show me how to properly navigate the app store which led to many hours of me downloading apps. I'm still getting my head around all the things the camera can do and I only worked out today how to do a screenshot. I'm sure there's plenty to keep me entertained for months to come which is good considering how long I'm going to have the phone. That's assuming I don't get too drunk on a night out and have this one stolen too 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..