Waiting for the courier to come

At this point in time I am going to assume that everyone and their cat is pretty familiar with my tale of woe regarding my phone situation. I have lost a phone and broke another while still paying out my contract and it's all been very sad but like all fairytales it has a happy ending.

I rang Three over a week ago and announced my intention to cancel due to lack of phone which I think is a pretty good reason to cancel your contract but also from my time working as a cancellation agent, I happened to know that they are the department with the best deals. So a little bit genuine but also a bit sneaky. Anyway they implied that I should be able to upgrade early but that they needed to have it approved and I was told to call back. So I did call back, several times in fact. Each time I was told there was an issue with their system and it should be updated soon and in those short few days I went from being quite happy with my iphone 4 that I was making do with ( because it couldn't be unlocked) to really annoyed that I was being denied the opportunity to get a new phone. They couldn't even discuss what might be available to me if my early upgrade was improved which was really irritating but I am a trooper so I got by and waited impatiently and called often. One helpful agent suggested I check on their website and once that showed my upgrade was approved then I could call so I took to doing it every few hours just in case. Eventually there was a change on my online account so I called Three as soon as I got home, eager to upgrade.
I was so impatient on the phone that I was almost finishing the poor girls sentences. It was agreed that I could have the Htc one m8 and add the 2 years onto my contract and pay €69 in the new year and sure that's Next year Laura's problem.

It was agreed the phone would be delivered to work on the Monday (yesterday ) and I only had to get through Friday and the weekend to see it. I was okay until Monday came and then I was hoping it would be like the protein I used to order from the states, arriving at 9 or 10 am but I spent every break logging into the delivery tracker on my phone without no sign of the phone. By 4.30 I was too impatient to wait and also I was finishing my shift soon so I rang the couriers and discovered some wally in three had given them an incorrect address, it certainly wasn't the one I had given them. So the delivery would take another day and I was forced to keep waiting for my phone. At home today I clutched my phone in my hand for most of the afternoon, only putting it down to do a crossfit class. I still met my friend and later my sister for tea, only pausing occasionally to check if my phone had been delivered yet. Even on the drive home I would check at traffic lights. By time I got home, it was 5pm and I was feeling panicky sure the shop would be closed in an hour and there was no sign of my phone. So I rang the couriers and they said he would be in within half an hour.
I trekked down to work and skulked around trying to not be noticed until a courier appeared brandishing my phone, yay.


So after all my waiting, I have my phone and have spent the night having some quality time with it. So far its huge a bit amazing. I was able to move my music, photos and contacts across without any hassle and now I am just getting to grips with what it can do. I can already text on it so there will be no stopping me soon 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..