Rarely seen out of doors


It feels a little like I have been playing a hermit lately because I haven't had any escapades to blog about. Last night I set out to rectify that. Okay so I didn't, last night I had genuine plans so I actually left the apartment. My boyfriend made us a last minute reservation for the newly opened Burzza on John street, a place I'd been hoping to try since I saw their really cool menu being shared on Facebook. It's nice to see new places opening and it's also cool that for the first time in my life I am actually going out and eating in them. As it was their opening night, the gluten free options are still being worked on but I did manage to get myself a lovely falafel burger with fries and tried not to look on jealously as everyone around me got delicious looking pizza. I am told they are working on a gluten free one and when that happens, I am going to get so fat ( okay so probably not but I will be the first in line to try it) 

After dinner we headed down to Central arts to see RSAG (rarely seen above ground) an act I had heard quite a lot about but never actually heard. He's an incredibly talented musician who sings and plays the drums and then has a huge screen behind him with pre corded footage of him playing a variety of other interests. It feels like in the last year I am really making up for all the live music I missed out on seeing. I used to always say how I would like to get out to more gigs and now here I am living the dream. When we arrived the venue was already starting to fill up and yacht rock were playing a selection of mellow and upbeat mixes that brought a great atmosphere to the room. It was hard to remember I was at a gig with other people and not just drift off with my thoughts. Now like the old woman I am, I started to get pretty tired around 11ish (because I had been up since before 7 ) but I had come all that way to see RSAG ( it wasn't that far as I live around the corner) so I shook myself awake with the knowledge that it would be worth it. 

It wasn't long after that Jeremy took to the stage (RSAG himself) and after a few moments chat with the crowd he launched into what was an epic gig. There were a few small sound hiccups to start but the music was great and no one minded too much. The screens behind him flashed different colours and I got lost watching the images melt into another. It wasn't just RSAG playing instruments on the screen but a snapshot of hands playing a keyboard or a man playing a guitar, face unseen, in a shadowy room. I was simultaneously impressed and entertained by the overall effect but mostly I was blown away by the abundance of talent he seemed to possess. It would sicken you on some level because I can't even play the tiny decorative mouth organ I wear on a chain and he was up there mastering every instrument he touches. I think I have made peace with my lack of musical ability so I wont begrudge the man. 

I really enjoyed the gig despite my tiredness and coldness and overall I was glad I had made the effort and shunned my cosy pyjamas which were calling to me as I left the apartment. I loved experiencing something new plus I have recently gotten a shiny new phone (I might have mentioned this) with an awesome camera so I got to play around with loads of different shots. For once I actually provided the photos to accompany my blog. Towards the end of the gig, he encouraged the crowd to dance and I sat watching ( as I am wont to do ) as everyone around me lost themselves to the beat. The crowd throbbed and the place buzzed with energy and ultimately I went home tired but happy.
I am told he is launching an album in the very near future and maybe if we are very lucky, he might grace central with his presence again. I know I will be there, camera in hand. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..