The walking sneeze




In case you're wondering how my week is going the short  answer is not great. 
Mostly because I have a dose and a half of the man flu and I'm taking it like a man would. That's not well incase that wasn't clear. This is my second bout of fluey type cold thing since winter started and I'm not enjoying my second round any more than the first. In actual fact It's a lot worse because the week before Christmas is the worst time ever to be sick. 

Yes it really is beginning to look a lot like Christmas in that the shop is completely insane and I am doing my level best to guess what people might want to buy between now and Christmas Eve to ensure I have enough of it. All of this in a shop so busy you can't move most of the time and it's hard to get two steps without someone asking where something is or if you could make a recommendation. Most of it is fine and the majority of people know how to be pleasant but you will always get a few who are fussy or rude or awkward or mean and my poor sick head isn't able for it. All I really want to do is build a nest out of tissues and curl up in it. Trust me, at this stage I have enough tissues to do it.

I'm hoping to shake off this cold and that tomorrow when I wake I won't look like a human sneeze, a combination of sad and wheezy. Then I can just put my head down and get through the Christmas week. Soon enough January will be upon us and I will be dusting my days away wishing it was busier 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..