Is there rehab for sugar addicts ??


I might have mentioned this once or twice before or a lot. It might have up a lot but I have a teeny little issue with sugar or two issues. One is that it makes me really really sick and two is that I can never have just a little bit. I either stay away completely or I go completely mad like completely. 

But I think I might have reached a low point tonight. On a sugar fuelled rampage that started on Stephens day which has pretty much consisted of ; me nomming all the chocolate, feeling really ill , regretting said binge ,craving more chocolate and so it continues. 

at the moment malteasers are my poison of choice and trust me given the effect they have on my stomach, poison is the best word to describe it. You know those 
Share size bags, well that's what I've been buying except I've only been sharing them with myself. I'm not sure If that counts.  

on some level I know there's something kind of insane about willingly eating lots of something guaranteed to make me sick, fatter,emotional and full of cravings for more but time and time again I fall off the wagon. 
Tonight, the low point I mentioned earlier is when I convinced myself ,despite being in bed and mid way through a movie at 10.30, that I really wanted, no needed more malteasers. Possibly because I've told myself I am starting my new year's tomorrow. I am heading back to the gym for the first time in almost a month ( pauses now to wince in anticipated pain) and I'm going back to being fit and healthy, swearsies. Not like everyone elses new years resolutions at all. So it felt like my last chance.Even though my stomach still felt like something had died inside me from all the crap I'd eaten earlier and I was in my pyjamas. I decided that my plan was a good one. So much so that I threw clothes on over my pyjamas and wrapped up for my mission to obtain more noms. All the while feeling a bit high from all the sugar I'd already had and well aware that if I slept at all I would certainly regret this coming morning. I'd like to say that this sort of craving was the wake up call but really it was that the garage was closed and so was the next shop I walked to and I was forced to admit defeat.

With possibly a little relief, I turned and headed home promising myself that tomorrow I'll try harder. Maybe once Crossfit kicks my ass again the need will go away or perhaps I can encourage people to start a nationwide campaign of stopping me as I go to shovel chocolate into my mouth and say don't you think you've had enough. In the meanwhile, if you do know of a sugar rehab then feel free to refer me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..