Living for the weekend


I know Christmas is getting really close because even if I wasn't putting my deductive skills to work on this one, people just keep on telling me. In the shop You can feel they are almost fizzy With excitement as they shop up a storm and count down to the big day with some sort of frenzy. I, however, have been looking forward to this weekend more. Lets be clear I am not a reincarnation of Ebenezer Scrooge going around bah humbugging other people for their Christmas cheer. I used to be the one in my family who was teased for my over excitement about Christmas well into adulthood but sadly being a grown up is sucking about as much as I
Expected and slowly I'm
Losing my favourite parts. I used to love buying presents and spending loads of time with family but this year im kinda broke plus I only get two days off In a row for Christmas forgive me if I'm not decking myself out in tinsel . 

This weekend however is a pretty big deal to me. Three whole days off all to myself is always lovely but the second busiest weekend of the year In work and I'm not there for it , well excuse me while I do my excited dance over here in the corner. Three whole days where I'm not going home so keyed up from work that I find myself dreaming about stock orders or having to answer ridiculous questions and make a million recommendations. Plus as an added bonus this is the weekend where we have someone dress up as Santa so if I had been working I'd have had the joyous experience of being an elf again, mind you this wear I'd have insisted on being allowed to wear pants of some description. I kindly warned my elf replacement of the costume limitations ( it being just a shirt with tights that were a little too opague for my liking. If it hadn't been for the ridiculous hat and ludicrous shoes I possibly would have looked a little bit too saucy for the children's department ) 

So there's a whole lot of yay going on. Tempting as it would be to spend the weekend sleeping the sleep of the dead, I have decided instead to do things, actual things outside my apartment like some sort of sociable person. Starting as I mean to go on I went to the freezer sessions last night in the forum. I was going to say it was one of those rare occasions where actual good music was
Being played in Waterford of all places ( maybe they got lost on the way to somewhere better) but I have to confess my social life leaves a lot to be desired so
I am not exactly knowledgable about the live music scene here or anywhere else but it was good, even though I secretly wanted to lie down having been stuck in work till 9.30. I didn't so well done me. 
Then today I went Christmas shopping in Kilkenny with money I didn't really
Have to be spending but shhhh , you don't know that. I shopped like a pro as always so my list is almost complete and
I'm feeling a lot more festive so It's an all round win. Tomorrow I'm feeling a duvet day coming on, well deserved at this stage after braving the fake force winds and torrential rain today and killing two umbrellas in the process. And then Monday I have a day in Dublin. You can keep your Christmas I have my la la la la long weekend and it's almost Better 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..