Laura likes this ....

Despite what my blog might lead you to believe, Complaining is not my number one hobby. I like many things, see I'm
Actually a fairly happy person but there's more demand for my brand of dry sarcasm than there is for Pollyanna style musings about how great life is.

I like technology that does was it's supposed to do. I would also like if I had a bit more of it in my life. It feels like sometimes the majority of technological wonders I rely are held together by little more than duct tape and a prayer to
Whatever deity happens to be listening.
I started off writing this post on my laptop but it spontaneously turned itself off which it's doing ever so frequently these days. Not to get too technical on you but it's pretty much fucked. It's not charging and I have to handle it as delicately as a baby, afraid to say anything that might so much as hurt its feelings incase that's enough to have it turn off indefinitely and I know that day is coming so I'm handling it the mature way. I'm ignoring it and hoping it will sort itself out or at the very least not die just yet. Then we have my phone which is on it's last legs but I'm stuck with it as some idiot (ME) lost my iPhone 5 only months into a really really long contract so I'm stuck with my geriatric ( in iPhone terms) 3GS which also Turns off on a whim and has a battery life of about two hours . Admittedly the many falls and one nose dive into a cup of tea probably aren't helping matters much. I'm sure any day now both my laptop and phone will burst into flames and I will have to become one of those people who uses phone boxes and writes letters or maybe I'll become the kind of person who steals laptops and phones because there's not a hope in hell I'll be able to afford a replacement if either of them die.

I like chocolate but unfortunately my body does not judging by how ill I feel after I have some so I might have to abandon that for other pursuits and just keep telling myself I don't like chocolate. Any day now I might start to believe it. 
I like new books stacked by my bed like a promise of good things yet to come. I like mornings where I don't have to get up but still wake early and usually while away an hour or so lost in a book. 
I like wasting time mostly on pinterest, scrolling down through all the funny. I don't think I use it like other people do. I am just there for my own amusement and on the lookout for pictures I can share with friends. Instead of pinning recipes or wedding stuff ( frankly a little creepy unless you're already engaged)  
I like being busy and winning at recommendations even if no one is keeping count ( I still am ) and weekends off especially because I get them so rarely, I like those.
I like the anticipation of a good workout and that feeling you get as soon as you're finished but not so much the oh god will this ever be over inbetween stage.

I like payday and a good bargain and getting presents, no matter how small. I like a nice cup of herbal tea first thing in the morning or last thing at night and my bed I like that a lot. I like blogging even when it feels like a pain to write a coherent post and I like this. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..