my inner control freak

I maybe , might be, just a little bit of a control freak, just a little bit. I don't think that's anything to be ashamed of and generally it keeps things ticking along quite nicely. I like order, control and lists. Lists are good. 

I think everyone is like this to some degree or other. If you look at the need for control as a scale and some people are further along than others. They might refer to as it as being particular, being a bit OCD or just liking things a certain but it all adds up to the same thing. If you like 
things done a particular way and it drives you crazy when others don't do it then you know what I'm talking about.  

I find in 'the castle' ( as I like to refer to the children's section because its designed to look like one) at christmas time , it's all one long battle for control or  
Order . I like to have the place organized a certain way but at this time of year between the recommendations, finding books, restocking and trying to maintain a semblance of tidiness it's becoming a losing battle. I'm doing my best to take several deep breaths and remind myself that in 5 days this madness will be over for another year. 

I'm holding on to the little bit of control
I have left. Just barely. But luckily or unluckily depending on how you view my diet at this current moment in time requires a rigidity that the most demanding of control freaks would approve of. Not that I am not prone to falling off the wagon on occasion and suffering the consequences which are dire in case you were wondering. But between the packed lunches and the carefully selected snacks I am in complete control of what I eat and how it effects me and at least that's something to hold on to for now. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..