Treasure hunting


When I was a child I dreamed of adventure all the time. I had a Vivid imagination and I saw possibilities everywhere. I remember we used to have this box of old keys at home and I was absolutely fascinated by them. I didn't see them for what they were which was a box of old keys for locks that we no longer had but instead used to wonder what mysterious doors they Might open and that might be beyond those doors. I longed to find treasure buried or maybe just left somewhere within easy reach. In the many intervening years between then and now a lot has changed for me. I have 
Clearly become a grown up( would they allow me to drive a car if I wasn't !!) 
But there's still a little part of me that likes the thought of finding treasure where you would least expect it.

One of the gifts we have in work is this treasure ball. It's a ball of fancy tissue paper that you unravel and every time you take off a layer there's a gift inside. Like a really fancy pass the parcel except  you're guaranteed all the prizes. The only one they show is a little charm bracelet, the rest are a mystery and that's probably why I want one so much. My friend who orders gifts thought she might have a damaged one in her store room and I almost wee'd myself with excitement at the thought of opening the many layers and finally satisfying my curiosity but the mysterious damaged treasure ball never emerged. I'm
Sure Its probably buried in the basement of the shop. 

These days I fulfil my treasure hunting desires in other ways. Shopping in places like tk maxx would be my main outlet. It's one of those shops that has an awful
Lot of rubbish but also has a few gems if you know how to work it and trust me I know how to work it. It's best if you go in there without a specific item in mind as you're more likely to come out with something unexpected. I have been known to go in for a browse when I'm in the need of a pick me up and emerge an hour later with a whole bag full of stuff feeling like I've won at shopping.

Tomorrow morning, despite not actually having to work, I will be up at ridiculous o'clock for an exhilarating shopping trip. A vintage shop up in Dublin called shutterbug is having this absolutely mad sale called a kilo sale. The way it works is you get charged for the weight of the item so it's €20 for every kilo. One of my friends is driving up and it seemed too good an opportunity to miss.   Unfortunately It's well publicised so we'll be fighting With half the country for Our hard won bargains. That's the bit I
Won't enjoy but on the other hand you don't know what you're going to find. It's the ultimate treasure hunt. All of the items are one of a kind so you won't see anyone else wearing them. Plus they are vintage. So I will be preparing as Though it is a military operation and will be heading up with an outfit that I can get out of easily and that allows me to try as many items of clothing as possible without actually flashing anyone on the shop floor. Wish me luck. Hopefully i will return With more bargains than bruises 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..