Oh god, can I just move now !!

I have been living on my lonesome in a reasonable sized apartment coming up close to a year now and I really like it, living on my own that is. The apartment itself I am not that keen on. 
When I got here first I liked it. I wont ever go so far as to say I loved it. It was pretty big for one person and I enjoy all the space but last winter I nearly froze in here and that's even with the two extra heaters my mum gave me because the storage heaters that this came equipped with are less than useless when it comes to providing some sort of warmth as well as being the most ridiculously expensive device to run. Can I just ask what Genius came up with storage heaters and really they should take the word heater out of the name because they are ugly boxes mounted on my walls that do little to remove the chill from my apartment.

So the last few months I've been contemplating a move and the list of cons just keeps on getting longer. Not that I actually made such a list as the D-day ( when my lease is up) looms it becomes more and more obvious that staying put will not be an option. The only pro of the whole thing would be that I wouldn't have to live with other people and honestly that's the one part of this experience I have really enjoyed. Not to sound anti social but not having other people in my space has actually been quite delightful. Sadly that part is also going to come to an end because living by myself is really damn expensive so I'm going to be looking at house sharing and lets just say after my last disastrous experience I am more than a little wary about living with strangers again. 

But here goes my endless list of reasons why I need to move out of here. It's already really cold here and I mean really cold and it's only September so winter hasn't even hit us yet but there are times when I can see my breath and it does not make me feel cosy here. I am obstinately refusing to turn on any heating until next month at the earliest because the ESB will fleece me with energy bills over the winter and I am not giving them a head start, no siree Bob. So if it's bad now by November till about March I could manage without a fridge if I didn't use heating. True story

I have Woodlice in my bathroom. They are only in the bathroom and I am forever hoovering them up (and then feeling bad for killing them) but they are both creepy and crawly and it makes me feel the bad sort of dirty to have them in my apartment. I think grubby is the word I am searching for. I have encountered other creepy crawly type things in the apartment too almost as though the woodlice throw mad parties when I am at work and over the summer I had a near fly infestation which is about as gross as it sounds, bleugh. 

There is an awful mold problem in this place and it's giving everything a damp musty smell and I am sick of all my clothes having a that horrible damp odor and I even found some mold on clothes I haven't worn recently that were shoved in a storage box, grrr. Also what sort of apartment has no chest of drawers because the shitty wardrobe I have hear really isn't cutting it . I need my storage or else the place looks like a hurricane every time I dress myself to go out. There is also a weird vomity smell in the kitchen of late and I don't know if it's damp or the water or what but It's certainly not pleasant. 

It's bloody dark in here. I am sitting here with a light on before midday because the place is like it's under a big dark cloud and how is someone supposed to feel good in a place this deprived of light. They are not, feeling a serious case of seasonal affective disorder come winter. That's if you can go ahead and start spontaneously start suffering from that. It's gloomy and I'm kicking myself for not noticing this when I viewed the place in November, what was I on like. 

It never ever looks clean and yes I do clean it. I could spend two days cleaning the place and it would still look kind of grimy. I clearly have some sort of apartment blindness. I go to view a place with a list of criteria of what the place should have and promptly forget all of it the minute I step inside. Like the girl who fails to see the 'great' guy she's started seeing is kind of an asshat until too late. Yep, that's me. 

Oh and finally. The last straw as they say. This morning I decided to workout in my room. It's pretty big so there's loads of room and it was all going fine until I set up the yoga mat and lay down to abs and when I looked up I saw the really nice view of dead bird on my skylight (see photo above) yea it's creepy.I may have vomited a little in my mouth when I first saw it.  As one of my friends commented it looks like the cover of a low budget horror movie but it's in my apartment. Lucky me. 

So I can't move until the beginning of November at the earliest. I have been looking online to see what's out there but it mostly seems to be student accommodation and there's no way in hell I'll be moving in with students. So I guess I'll bide my time and hopefully from next month I'll start seeing places that could be my new home. One thing is for sure. I wont be staying here 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..