A table for one at my pity party

Anyone who reads my blog on a semi regular basis might have noticed I haven't posted anything new in a few days but I'm here to say fear not, there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for my absence. I've been sort of sick all week so I've been much too busy hosting a one woman pity party. If you've never had one then you wouldn't know but it's extremely time consuming. Largely involving trying to do all the things that need doing either at work or at home while enduring waves of pity because I'm not feeling well and then giving up to lie under my blanket where I sip tea and whimper softly. 

I do not enjoy being sick and I am not a delightful patient but then again who actually enjoys being sick. Possibly some weird sadists out there get a kick out of basking in their own misery but not me. I miss the days when being sick meant a day off school , being left in bed with a hot water bottle and my mum coming home at lunch time with a giant stack of magazines and ensuring I have a decent supply of flat 7-up (sure don't you know its the Irish cure for any ailment). I'd ask her to do that now but I'm pretty sure she'd say something about how I'm an adult now or some such nonsense. 

Anyway despite being still sick I have managed to drag myself to my laptop to bravely write a blog post. Did I mention that being under the weather makes me a tad melodramatic. I am never ill, I am always on the verge of death. What can I say, I don't have much in the way of a pain threshold. At least being unwell has somewhat quelled my appetite which is a small bonus particularly given that I have had to miss not one but two Cross-fit classes this week. I had wanted to do a second one on Tuesday but I was told I would be sent home if I turned up so Instead I went home to bed, which it seems  I probably should have done in the first place even though part of me is still grumbling about how I could probably have managed another class because I'm contrary like that.

So tomorrow I am hoping to wake up feeling alright for a change this week or else maybe someone will take pity on me and take me outside and shoot me (like a lame horse) see what I mean about the melodrama !! I do have a back up plan, tonight I made buns ( practically paleo buns ) and it is a known fact that they cure all ills or at least really cheer me up. as they should do because they are yum yum yum and practically healthier than apples, sort of. 
and if all that doesn't work then I guess I'll abandon my pity party and just get on with things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..