Bikini Season

Perhaps it's an over exaggeration to refer to it as a season, after all with my work schedule it's more like two days of the summer where my pasty skin braves a bikini. Then again the world and their cat is out there lapping up the sun so just because I'm a little late to get in on the act it doesn't mean there's not a veritable army of women braving the beach to perfect their tan lines. 

I only bought my first bikini of the summer mere days ago because last years were too big and have long been disposed of and I suppose without the luxury of a garden to lie about in it's not as though I'll be wearing my bikini in the park. As a side bar I do remember a friend of mine telling me about seeing a girl sunbathing in the local park a few years back and the girl was wearing one of those string bikinis that has strings at the sides holding up the bottoms and and strings holding the top together. Anyway two of her friends thought they were being hilarious and pulled the strings so that the bikini fell off, effectively leaving her naked in public. Lousy. I actually cringed when I heard that because I was imagining how I'd feel if it was me.

I was a little smarter in my bikini purchase, opting for proper bikini bottoms but unfortunately the top was a little more flimsy than I'd have liked. Sadly a girl does not find herself spoiled for choice when trying to bikini shop about mid way through a heatwave. A few years ago that would have been a major problem but with my slimmer frame comes much tinnier boobs so there was no accidental flashing on the beach. My niece (she's 4) did turn to me and ask 'auntie Laura  why did you take off all your clothes' and I told her it was my swimsuit and she says but it doesn't cover all of you. Well spotted but how do you explain the purpose of bikini to a child when you're there trying to get some colour but slathering them in sun cream to ensure they don't.

I braved a bikini in the hopes of evening up my tan but the mission was not a success. My tan is coming along lovely on my arms and 3/4 of my legs, shame about the rest of me. My stupid bug bites are so pronounced they are practically a braille tattoo so yes I have the bikini but not so much the bikini body 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..