The best intentions

I think everyone is familiar with the saying the road to hell is paved with good intentions as its trotted out anytime someone mutters something about only having good intentions. Funnily enough people generally protest this when something goes terribly wrong even though they meant well. I don't quite think I'm on the road to hell , well not yet anyway but sometimes I feel my ambitions exceed the capacities of my will power. 

I have great plans in terms of my diet and overall fitness, amazing plans, a whole bucket full of things that will improve how I look and feel in a multitude of ways. Unfortunately where I excel is making lists and not so much on following through on my great plans. So I'm back to day two of trying to eat clean. so far so good but it's not even lunch time yet so probably best to hold off on polishing my trophy just yet.

Last week I went on a bit of fitness blitz and I was doing small workouts plus running and walking a lot but I was also eating ludicrous amounts of chocolate so the a lot of my well meaning fitness was propelled by guilt and seeing as I was probably just about breaking even. This made the whole charade a little pointless. Yes I'm back to monitoring my calories but I have to take time out to remember that my fitness pal is not a game I have to win, It's merely a way of logging what I eat vs how much exercise I'm getting. I think the time has come to stop cheating on my diet.

So this week I've turned over a new leaf, bear with me as it's quite similar to an old leaf. What a stupid expression. Anyway I've decided that instead of working out fanatically to burn off all the sweets I shouldn't have been eating in the first place that I'm going to cut out the sweets altogether and all other sugar so that exercise is a bonus and then maybe by the end of the summer I could appear in a bikini without frightening small children.

So far I've only managed a day and I'm feeling ridiculously proud but good intentions and all I may well have chocolate smears around my mouth by the time work is over tonight or maybe I wont. Only time will tell and for now I'll have to make do with my good intentions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..