Hip hip hooray for coconut oil

Okay admittedly I was already a convert to the wonderful ways of coconut oil but I found a blog post today that gave me loads more uses for it. I had recently bought a new jar because I had found out it had spf properties and at €5.99 for a big container of it I thought I couldn't go wrong. Sadly the sun did a runner shortly after this purchase so I didn't get much of a chance to try it out but I have since discovered it only has an spf of 4 which is pretty low so it's probably for the best. Luckily I stumbled across this blog and now have a million more uses for it so it won't be going to waste.

Now many people have never used coconut oil and a lot more aren't even aware of it's existence but you folks are missing out because it's like the new super food except it can be used for so many other things too. The main reason everyone raves about coconut oil is that the saturated fats in it comes from medium chain triglycerides. These shorter fat chains are easily put to use by the body and simply not stored away for fat. Totes amazeballs, right?

It boosts energy levels, raises good cholesterol, and balances out blood sugar without the weight, cholesterol and other health risks that come from saturated fats.

There are literally 100's of uses for it but from the list I read here are some of my favourites.

1. Massage oil - it soothes tired and sore muscles. Add essential oils for more effect
2. Athletes foot - powerful anti fungal properties kill any fungal infection. ( add oregano or tea tree oil to boost its effects)
3.Acne -apply directly to acne (anti fungal properties, but of course!)
4. Cleanser - quickly and easily removes dirt from skin
5. Stretch marks - it prevents and softens stretch marks.
6. Moisturizer - Excellent for softening and hydrating dry, rough or damaged skin.
7. Face scrub - Mix coconut oil with baking soda, sugar or cinnamon and oat meal for perfect face scrub and exfoliater.
8. Curbs appetite- take a spoonful before meals so you don't overeat
9. Wrinkles - rub into lines, creases, wrinkles to re hydrate skin and soften those wrinkles away
10. Sore throat - dissolve a spoonful in your mouth and let it slowly roll down your throat and fight infections.
11. lip balm - it hydrates and protects lips 
12. Earaches or ear infections clear up fast with a few drops of coconut oil mixed with garlic oil.
13. Gum removal - helps easily remove gum from hair or clothes
14.Bruises - speeds up the healing process
15. Age spots - the powerful anti oxidants help fade age spots
16. Shaving cream - helps razor glide smoothly while keeping skin smooth and soft
17. Make up remover - it removes oil based make up easily. It cleans, hydrates and makes skin glow.
18. Conditioner - it conditions, strengthens, and repairs hair. Massage it in and rinse out after 10 minutes
19. Energy - coconut oil and it's medium chain triglycerides make it an excellent source to improve stamina, endurance, or just to give you a boost through the day
20. Eye cream - Reduce puffiness and dark circles with a few dabs of coconut oil
21. sunburn- can help prevent sunburn in short exposures but also helps skin to heal from sunburn once the heat has gone out of it. (applying while skin is still hot may help trap some of the heat in)
22. Toothaches -eases the pain and strengthens the teeth. You can mix it with a drop of clove oil to almost instantly relieve pain.
23. Urinary tract infections - They can be treated with a spoonful of coconut oil
24. Fitness - It boosts energy, Increases metabolism, Improves thyroid function and aids healthy weight loss.
25. Cooking _ it doesn't form harmful by products when heated so it can be used to replace butter in recipes cup for cup, saute, cook, bake and more.

As of today I have fried pancakes at breakfast using it and rice at dinner time. I have applied some on my lips, some on a pesky spot, some in under my eyes and I have coated my feet in it to deal with the dry skin and then put socks on so I don't fall on my ass. At this rate I could save myself a lot of money and get healthier in the process. Watch out there's a new superfood in town. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..