The doctor prescribes more sunshine. Also I've taken to calling myself the doctor

It's getting to that point in the sunny weather epidemic where people have started to complain it's too hot , what a miserable response to the best summer we've gotten in years.

Now I will admit it's getting a little stickier and sweatier than I am comfortable with but I hope the sun keeps on shining and dream somewhat naively of an actual summer. When you're like me and too broke to be taking a sun holiday anytime soon the promise of good weather is all you to hold on to.

Tomorrow I'm back to work but I really made sure to lap up the sun on my day and a half off. Trying to take it all in plus a little extra to keep me from cracking up entirely in the sunless corner that is the children's section of the bookstore. 
Yesterday I sat outside in the sweltering heat attempting to read my book and feeling as though I was actually melting but in a good way, sort of. 
And then I berated myself for my chocolate eating ways and made myself go to the gym even though the drive there in the heat got me almost as sweaty as a good workout.

Today We had a mini workout plus mountain climb by the lake, Loch mhor as it is called by someone very unoriginal, way back when. To me it has always just been the lake because I've been going there for years and it looked amazing on a day like today. We need more days like today in my opinion. Even though my legs felt fit to burst on the walk up it was worth it once we hit the top, also it's so steep that climbing back down isn't exactly an option so even if you were considering it just a little bit (it might have crossed my mind when I was hot, sweaty and breathless)you have to keep going.  Clonmel looks postcard pretty  in this kind of sun and the breeze was good I'd have paid good money to take it back to my parents garden. I think the best part was knowing that I'd made the most of my day off and could happily return to lounge in my parents garden.
My only casualty being a bit of sunburn on my back, probably the only part of me that wasn't coated in sun cream. 

It's the kind of weather that makes me want Ice cream and then feel a pang of regret because I can't Ice-cream but I'm sure my waistline thanks me for at least trying to be good. 
all in all I think I'd like more days like today. More lounging in sunshine, less working inside. More holidays, less work. I wonder could that be arranged somehow, just until the sun is finished.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..