ooooooh Shiny

I'm a bit like a magpie in my affinity for shiny things but I'm not drawn to sparkly jewelry  considering my inability to keep a pair of earrings from Top-shop  I wouldn't trust myself with anything of real value.

I'm not really a fan of shimmery clothes although I did pass by a pair of intriguing looking hot pink shiny trousers this evening in Tkmaxx and when I say intriguing let's just be clear on the fact that I really mean awful but briefly considered trying them on so I could get a hilarious photo but then immediately dismissed this as it was far too much work for a joke.

I did however come home with a new face highlighter. Just what I needed or didn't need but really sort of wanted and these are the shiny things that are my downfall. Technically I think a face highlighter loses much of it's effect when you highlight half your face but I've occasionally gotten carried away when distracted by the allure of all that shimmers.

I think it begs the question, how old is too old for glitter. Yes, I know it's not very grown up but neither am I and it's not like I'm trying to get away with those tiny stars I used to stick alongside my eyes in my early twenties (they were so sparkly) yet I can't help admitting I'd probably give it a try if I thought I could pull it off. Most of my eye-shadows have glitter in them which really impresses my nieces but doesn't do much for the adult act I'm trying to pull off. 

When I was 19 or so I had this amazing iridescent glitter that I used to dot around my eyes and wear dabbed on my cheeks instead of blusher and applied to my lashes when my mascara was still wet (I don't know if other people could see it on my lashes but it made everything look shiny) , I must have looked like a sparkly little fairy but dammit I only retired it because Lancome took it off the market and not because good sense prevailed. 

There's nothing wrong with a little bit of shimmer so long as you where to draw the line and manage to not glisten too much in the light . When it comes to Tkmaxx I learn to justify my purchases not so much in terms of what I actually need but in how much I've saved so yes I spent €13 on shiny face stuff but It should have cost me twice that. It was a bargain, I cry as I march home. Not all that glitters is gold, sometimes it's silver or iridescent 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..