Note to self


This is something I should get printed and stick somewhere in my apartment so 
I remember not to be an idiot.

Some women know how to act around men, they have their act together but sadly for me I do not fall into that category. I seem to either not be I interested in someone at all ( like right now. Stupid Waterford and its lack of attractive men ) or I like someone and it turns me into a bit of a loon ( but not in a bunny boiler sort of way) 

When I'm not busy with other things I do spend a small amount of time bemoaning the fact that I never meet any nice men ( hardly surprising given the state of my social life. Apparently it helps if you actually go out) but its like I'm conveniently choosing to forget that liking someone is fraught with its own problems.

first there's the wondering if the guy Is interested and I suck at working that out. Wouldn't life be a lot easier if people would just come out and tell you directly when they are interested. It would sure save me a lot of time and potential embarrassment. So then I start texting someone and it makes me curse the very 
Invention of the mobile phone. Why are
Men so inept at the art of texting? I wonder do they realize how many women are left tearing their hair out because of a man who doesn't seem to grasp the basics of replying to a text message in a timely manner. 

I find myself spending hours composing a text message that's designed to sound like I'm super casual and then agonizing over why he hasn't replied in the hours that follow. Putting my phone where I can't look at it and ignoring it for hours because I'm getting so Mad that at its silence or how excited I get when I get a text only to realize its from someone else. 
And then finally I get a reply, I think of something to write back and then the fun
Begins all over again. 

On second thoughts perhaps its best that my only date for the foreseeable future is with a good book  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..