Feeling sort of festive

It seems earlier and earlier each year Christmas creeps up on us. I heard rumors that Brown Thomas had a Christmas tree up in August which is frankly a little disgusting and makes you wonder what's next, selection boxes in july? I am in a position of being unable to avoid all things Christmas because in retail it's a pretty big deal and even more so for me, someone who sells books for children so I'd want to buck up and get in the spirit of things.

While I can't actively look forward to the madness and mayhem that is sure to follow in the coming weeks ; the shop being insanely busy, things selling out and not coming back in fast enough and everything getting absolutely trashed there are however some aspects of all this that I do like. Before you ask it's not the Christmas music but I will admit to have a bit of a soft spot for the old classics like Doris day's version of Here comes Santa Claus and provided I don't actually have to hear it until December, all will be fine in the world.

I can't move in the children's section right now for Christmas stories and activity books but I'm still waiting for my favorite to arrive. 'Usbornes' Christmas decorations to cut and stick' . Last year I spent three days both in work and at home cutting out snowflakes and angels and paper chains , very much in my element and eventually had to be told to stop hanging decorations because I was getting a little carried away. In my enthusiasm for the project I even managed to batter my leg by misjudging my balance on stool thats made to look like two stacks of books and I fell in quite a dramatic fashion but luckily there were no witnesses. 

So this year I have decided to be secretly festive. I wont be buying flashing earrings or comedy Christmas jumpers but already I have built up a reasonably impressive collection of Christmas themed socks and underwear. That's as far I plan to go unless I get strong armed into dressing as an elf again this year but I swear if that happens again I am insisting I wear something more than a shirt that barely covered my ass and green tights. 
Yes, I really did parade around the shop for 1 hour last year in that get up, I'm sure you're sorry you missed it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..