Am I now too old for glitter eyeliner?

At what point in my life am I supposed to abandon my liking for glitter, please don't say now. I had one of those moments today where I felt old because I passed the urban decay stand and saw the full array of liquid glitter eyeliners that I used to have in every colour and I thought damn I miss those, whatever happened to them and realized they had probably gone off and gotten thrown away. I had to fight the urge to buy just one, they are oh so pretty but I'm wondering have I passed the age where it's acceptable. Is it like pigtails, will I look ridiculous if I keep doing it well into my thirties. 

I think the real question is how much can a grown woman shimmer before she looks like she's trying really hard to be a fairy. I'm still a little hooked on my urban decay eyeshadow which is all either shimmery or glittery (it's not my fault it's just how they make it) and I was wearing one such glittery eye shadow in work a few months back but the glitter has a tendency to migrate somewhat so my cheeks were sparkling a bit and someone laughingly asked me if I was all glittery from handling all the cards at the till. I laughed and was forced to admit it was actually intentional glitter. 

How do you know when you've when you're no longer young enough to do certain things. I was told not so long ago that I was probably a bit too old for the cartoon t-shirt I had been discretely eyeing while clothes shopping. I had to concede that they were right and went back to looking at grown up clothes like the grown up that I am but don't really want to be.

I think, personally, that women everywhere struggle with this and some more so than others. Especially the women you see in their mid 40's and 50's still shopping in topshop. Fortunately I wore a lot of skimpy dresses and low cut tops all through my twenties so I'm not feeling too upset at my slightly more demure wardrobe of these days. I am wondering however will I reach a stage where I'll just be turned away as I try to purchase some glittery eye shadow or a top that I'm a little too old for but I hoping that wont be any day soon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The darker side of romance

Help, I think I'm autistic

Sometimes I open my mouth and my mother comes out ..